Couple final questions for 18x48 Intex skimmer & filter pump

rj2222

Jun 11, 2012
Michigan
Hey everybody. Just have a few quick questions to tie up some loose ends i have in my mind.

1) for the skimmer basket connected to the hose sucking water into the filter pump, how deep into the water should that be? just barely below the water right? Reason i ask is the blue plastic piece on top of the actual basket in there keeps floating a little.

2) for the filter pump itself, how's it best to position that? should it sit on the ground next to the pool, on top of a paver next to the pool, or should it sit higher off the ground like maybe 6 inches (which would probably put a U into the hoses going to/from the pool)

3) last night it stormed, so i didnt run the filter out of newbie paranoia and unplugged it from the outlet. Is it ok to leave it plugged in and on the timer to run whenever during anywhere from a light rain to a thunderstorm?

I'm sure most of these are dumb questions, but i'm on the home stretch and dont want to mess anything up. So far the pool is looking pretty good, not perfect, but way closer than I thought i'd get it for this being my first time. Appreciate everyone's help on here, you guys have been GREAT :goodjob:

Re: Couple final questions for 18x48 Intex skimmer & filter

rj2222 said:
1) for the skimmer basket connected to the hose sucking water into the filter pump, how deep into the water should that be? just barely below the water right? Reason i ask is the blue plastic piece on top of the actual basket in there keeps floating a little.
I believe that blue plastic piece is supposed to float some since that creates a thin and fast layer of water being pulled over it's edge...it makes better skimming action.

rj2222 said:
2) for the filter pump itself, how's it best to position that? should it sit on the ground next to the pool, on top of a paver next to the pool, or should it sit higher off the ground like maybe 6 inches (which would probably put a U into the hoses going to/from the pool)
On the ground is fine, if it is solid, but putting it on a paver is nice too. No need to raise it.

rj2222 said:
3) last night it stormed, so i didnt run the filter out of newbie paranoia and unplugged it from the outlet. Is it ok to leave it plugged in and on the timer to run whenever during anywhere from a light rain to a thunderstorm?
It should be fine to leave it plugged in, unless part of it is actually underwater during rain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.