Looks like pump is losing it's prime. Leak?

It's not difficult at all. You need a, DPDT center off switch, to switch between high and low. And you'll need an extra wire from the motor to the switch. There are examples of wiring diagrams around here for doing just what you're asking about.

Here's a thread with a couple of examples.

ok, it looks like I need DPDT switch without center off? Since I have timer that turns on and off pump so that I can use low all the time and just flip the switch to high on the fly to vacuum etc? Not sure if I need center off since there's on and off switch on timer?

Also, it looks like I need to buy a switch and somehow retro fit it in(weather proof?) there? I guess I have to cut up new motor cover to do that?

The Center-Off function is to prevent you (or someone else) from advertently switching directly from one speed to another with the pump running. If you can make sure that the pump is always off before you switch it then not having the C-O position is fine.

You could mount the switch in a box with a weather resitant cover in a easily accessible place rather than mounting it in the motor cover. Or even mount it it the timer box.

Well, gave my boss(wife) price and everything and she says just get single speed from Amazon with Prime so it's here on Friday. That way I can just swap it out right away instead of dealing with wires and switches.

Now I just noticed first one I've listed is UST1152 instead of ST1152 that I have and that's why it's $222 instead of $303. Could I just get UST and save some money or should I get what I have?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.