New to the Forum

Jul 27, 2012
montgomery, AL
Proud owner of two liner pools (two houses to go with em, eek). Here for some occasional advice and of course the raging parties :party:

When I'm not playing the part of overweight pool boy I play with my cars or doing IT stuff (I'm a geek. something has to pay for the toys, right? :whip: )

the newest edition, after extensive de-greening (using some tried and true methods
142579229.jpg

Looked like this when I bought the house
145010150.jpg

along with a story about a damaged liner. Turns out, after sitting for a couple of years, what was wrong with it was far less sinister(thank gawd):
multivalve gasket blown out
pump motor locked up (probably from lack of use, I got it unlocked and it started hemorrhaging water out of the motor itself. home warrantys are awesome)
underground leak in the discharge piping, that masked the multivalve leak, since it wasn't a full pressure leak, and the outlet was waay off in the distance.

used much of the BBB method to clear this guy up, along with a couple hits of floc

And this is my other pool, had it for 4 years.
When I bought the house:
101712198.jpg

and about a week and a half after I bought the house
103347791.jpg

and more or less what it looks like now
133490438.jpg

It had a brand new hayward pump installed, and a burned up motor to go with it. I probably could have gotten the thing warrantied if I knew exactly how old it wasn't, I ended up just buying a new motor. It was surprisingly easy to de-green, without knowing about any special techniques, I dropped a couple chlorine tabs in the skimmer and a boat load of shock, and it cleared right up. It's been a fight a couple times since then, I got pool stored once when I went against my gut feeling on a post-winter supergreen situation, but it's been pretty good otherwise.

Hi Linux! Welcome to the forum! I hear you on the home warranty comment, I just bought my first house in March and one of the toilets and the dishwasher just went out. Home warranty to the rescue! Great job on those pools they look beautiful! As for the parties well....

:party: :cheers: :party: :cheers: :party: