Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 107

Thread: New Pool build Baytown Tx

  1. Back To Top    #1

    New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Does this sound like a good deal?

    20X42 Gunite Pool with 30' Lazy river, 12.5 Ton Rock Grotto with 8' fiberglass slide, 7x9 spa raised 18" with cascade overflow (6 jets)
    Island (~9X10')
    Depth 3' to 8'
    2 bubblers on tanning ledge
    600 sq/ft stamped concrete decking
    Travertine 12" coping
    Diamond Brite Plaster
    Hayward DE 72Sq/ft filter
    1 Hayward variable speed pump
    2- 1.5 hp Pumps for lazy river (8 jets)
    1- 1 hp pump for lazy river
    1- 2 hp pump for grotto waterfall
    5 Led lights 2 for pool 2 for spa and 1 for grotto
    Polaris 280 cleaner
    Low voltage power and water to island and to outer end of pool for future pirate ship bow and stern
    2 skimmers
    9 returns
    8 drains
    400,000 BTU heater
    Rainbow 320 chlorinator
    All Hayward equipment
    5.1 surround sound system wiring installed with 2- 110 volt outlets for projector and screen.
    5- natural rock boulders around pool
    $72,595
    Is this a good deal?
    Also is moss rock better than travertine for coping?
    20x42 free form gunite with 35' Lazy river
    Glow-in-the-dark floor tiles (highly recommend)
    5 pumps (Hayward)
    Hayward Cartridge filter
    12.5 ton Natural Rock Grotto
    1000 sq/ft Stamped concrete
    "Verde" color plaster
    Pentair LED Laminar jets x2 (awesome)
    Bleach Injection (coming soon)
    Outdoor HD Theater 9' x 16' Screen

  2. Back To Top    #2
    BoDarville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    3,840

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    waterworx:

    Welcome to TFP

    That's some setup! At first glance, I thought that bid was a bit pricey until I noticed the 30' lazy river. Here's a couple of thoughts that may shave a few grand off.

    • 1. LED Lighting. I would go with standard pool lighting. I'm a big fan of LED's for in-house use and I have converted most house lighting to LED as the price for these applications has come down recently and because they are used much more frequently than my pool light. However, for pool applications LED's still seem highly priced and I doubt you would ever see payback unless you plan on lighting this pool all night every night even during the off-season.

    • 2. Grotto waterfall. Water features such as waterfalls add significantly to the price of a pool. Unless it is needed for the lazy river, I would ask yourself if you could live without it and see what your other options are. It would also remove one pump from the list and cut your ongoing electricity use.


    I also prefer moss rock over travertine for coping.

    Here are a couple of recent new pool bid posts as a frame of reference:

    http://www.troublefreepool.com/recen...te-t50892.html
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/evalu...-s-t50894.html
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    5,061

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Welcome to TFP! Post pics when you can.

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Not real sure how to post pictures but here is the link to my photo bucket.

    http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/z...cartney1/Pool/
    20x42 free form gunite with 35' Lazy river
    Glow-in-the-dark floor tiles (highly recommend)
    5 pumps (Hayward)
    Hayward Cartridge filter
    12.5 ton Natural Rock Grotto
    1000 sq/ft Stamped concrete
    "Verde" color plaster
    Pentair LED Laminar jets x2 (awesome)
    Bleach Injection (coming soon)
    Outdoor HD Theater 9' x 16' Screen

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Klein Tejas
    Posts
    249

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    That's going to be a killer pool!

    Keep us updated with the progress.

    I'm surprised how much good dirt you have in Baytown. 12" down we have nothing but expansive orange clay.
    Pool is DONE!
    Pentair Intelliflo VS3050
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 + actuators + swg
    Pentair IntelliPH
    Pentair 400btu HD heater
    3- Jandy WaterColor LED's
    Hayward C5030 525sqft cartridge filter
    Waterway spa blower

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    404

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    A lazy river in your backyard? Dude, I'm so jealous right now! PICS WHEN DONE!!!
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Waterworx,

    To post pics I find it easiest to have two tabs open, one with your thread, the other with your photobucket album. When you run the mouse over your pictures in photobucket, you will see a box pop up. There are 4 options in the this box, the last two are HTML and IMG. If you then drag down to the IMG box and click on it, it will say "copied". Then come over in your thread and "paste" in the text box. It will paste the link to your pic and when you preview your post, you will see the pic.

    Oh, by the way, the quoted price on your pool seems really good to me. Can't wait to see it finished!
    Blaine

    50' x 22' 27k gal shotcrete freeform, 2hp 2 sp Pentair Whisperflo, Pool Pilot RC-52 SWCG, Pentair TR 100 sand filter, Polaris 280, 2 Pentair Intellibrite LED lights with controller, french gray plaster, Butterfield U-20 "smoke"integral colored salt finish concrete cantilever deck on one side, flagstone coping on the other.

    My pool build:
    osage-hills-pool-build-t50526.html

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Decided to keep the LED pool lights. The builder was only going to give us a $1500 credit to get rid of them. I don't think I could get them put in for that at a later time. The lazy river ended up being 35' instead of 30' and it is going to be 7' wide and neck down to 6' at the exit. They are putting in the steel now and plumbing later today. Will be ready for gunite Monday. Having a problem deciding to go with moss rock or travertine coping. I'm still not sure what moss rock will look like for coping. Does moss rock flake off? As far as costs is moss rock more expensive than travertine? Will post up some pictures when they finish this evening.
    20x42 free form gunite with 35' Lazy river
    Glow-in-the-dark floor tiles (highly recommend)
    5 pumps (Hayward)
    Hayward Cartridge filter
    12.5 ton Natural Rock Grotto
    1000 sq/ft Stamped concrete
    "Verde" color plaster
    Pentair LED Laminar jets x2 (awesome)
    Bleach Injection (coming soon)
    Outdoor HD Theater 9' x 16' Screen

  9. Back To Top    #9

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Quote Originally Posted by bpricedo
    Waterworx,

    To post pics I find it easiest to have two tabs open, one with your thread, the other with your photobucket album. When you run the mouse over your pictures in photobucket, you will see a box pop up. There are 4 options in the this box, the last two are HTML and IMG. If you then drag down to the IMG box and click on it, it will say "copied". Then come over in your thread and "paste" in the text box. It will paste the link to your pic and when you preview your post, you will see the pic.

    Oh, by the way, the quoted price on your pool seems really good to me. Can't wait to see it finished!

    Thanks for the photo help I will try that on my next photo upload.
    20x42 free form gunite with 35' Lazy river
    Glow-in-the-dark floor tiles (highly recommend)
    5 pumps (Hayward)
    Hayward Cartridge filter
    12.5 ton Natural Rock Grotto
    1000 sq/ft Stamped concrete
    "Verde" color plaster
    Pentair LED Laminar jets x2 (awesome)
    Bleach Injection (coming soon)
    Outdoor HD Theater 9' x 16' Screen

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Texas
    Posts
    594

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Quote Originally Posted by waterworx
    Decided to keep the LED pool lights. The builder was only going to give us a $1500 credit to get rid of them. I don't think I could get them put in for that at a later time. The lazy river ended up being 35' instead of 30' and it is going to be 7' wide and neck down to 6' at the exit. They are putting in the steel now and plumbing later today. Will be ready for gunite Monday. Having a problem deciding to go with moss rock or travertine coping. I'm still not sure what moss rock will look like for coping. Does moss rock flake off? As far as costs is moss rock more expensive than travertine? Will post up some pictures when they finish this evening.

    You are going to have a awesome pool. Are you getting regular white led lights or the color changing led lights? We have the Pentair Intellibrite color led lights and they put on a awesome show at night. Every time we have a party everyone talks about how good it looks at night.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

  11. Back To Top    #11

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Wow!! This website is gonna be bad for our pocket book when it comes time to build our next house...
    18' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame
    2650 Intex Sand Filter

  12. Back To Top    #12

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Quote Originally Posted by Flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by waterworx
    Decided to keep the LED pool lights. The builder was only going to give us a $1500 credit to get rid of them. I don't think I could get them put in for that at a later time. The lazy river ended up being 35' instead of 30' and it is going to be 7' wide and neck down to 6' at the exit. They are putting in the steel now and plumbing later today. Will be ready for gunite Monday. Having a problem deciding to go with moss rock or travertine coping. I'm still not sure what moss rock will look like for coping. Does moss rock flake off? As far as costs is moss rock more expensive than travertine? Will post up some pictures when they finish this evening.

    You are going to have a awesome pool. Are you getting regular white led lights or the color changing led lights? We have the Pentair Intellibrite color led lights and they put on a awesome show at night. Every time we have a party everyone talks about how good it looks at night.
    They are the color changing LED lights ColorLogic by Hayward that we can control off the wireless remote. There will be 5 total. Two in the pool itself and one each in the spa, grotto and lazy river.
    20x42 free form gunite with 35' Lazy river
    Glow-in-the-dark floor tiles (highly recommend)
    5 pumps (Hayward)
    Hayward Cartridge filter
    12.5 ton Natural Rock Grotto
    1000 sq/ft Stamped concrete
    "Verde" color plaster
    Pentair LED Laminar jets x2 (awesome)
    Bleach Injection (coming soon)
    Outdoor HD Theater 9' x 16' Screen

  13. Back To Top    #13

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    That's amazing!!
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

  14. Back To Top    #14
    Samantha Sabrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bloomsdale, Mo
    Posts
    346

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Here are Waterworx's pics:























    Waterworx, if you want to copy all the links and add them to your own post then I will delete this one.
    Samantha

    In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".

  15. Back To Top    #15

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Texas
    Posts
    594

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Quote Originally Posted by waterworx
    They are the color changing LED lights ColorLogic by Hayward that we can control off the wireless remote. There will be 5 total. Two in the pool itself and one each in the spa, grotto and lazy river.
    Cool. Keep sending pictures I am really interested in seeing the build and the finished pool
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

  16. Back To Top    #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    200

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    That's going to be an amazing pool - can't wait to see it.
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build

  17. Back To Top    #17

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Alright they are done for the day. All steel is in and plumbing before gunite. Gunite crew will be here daybreak Monday morning. Heres the latest pics.













    20x42 free form gunite with 35' Lazy river
    Glow-in-the-dark floor tiles (highly recommend)
    5 pumps (Hayward)
    Hayward Cartridge filter
    12.5 ton Natural Rock Grotto
    1000 sq/ft Stamped concrete
    "Verde" color plaster
    Pentair LED Laminar jets x2 (awesome)
    Bleach Injection (coming soon)
    Outdoor HD Theater 9' x 16' Screen

  18. Back To Top    #18

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    I don't suppose I've seen a pool with a lazy river... this is going to be fun to watch!

    What is the rectangular gadget in the floor of the pool that has 3 pipes (?) sticking up with a cap? I am guessing a drain or a vacuum system?

    Moving right along!
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

  19. Back To Top    #19

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Quote Originally Posted by imrodee
    I don't suppose I've seen a pool with a lazy river... this is going to be fun to watch!

    What is the rectangular gadget in the floor of the pool that has 3 pipes (?) sticking up with a cap? I am guessing a drain or a vacuum system?

    Moving right along!
    PB said it was a drain.
    20x42 free form gunite with 35' Lazy river
    Glow-in-the-dark floor tiles (highly recommend)
    5 pumps (Hayward)
    Hayward Cartridge filter
    12.5 ton Natural Rock Grotto
    1000 sq/ft Stamped concrete
    "Verde" color plaster
    Pentair LED Laminar jets x2 (awesome)
    Bleach Injection (coming soon)
    Outdoor HD Theater 9' x 16' Screen

  20. Back To Top    #20

    Re: New Pool build Baytown Tx

    Anyone have any pictures of a pool with moss rock coping that they could post up. Still undecided what to go with. I've searched and I'm having a hard time deciding what to go with. The grotto will be natural rock and we are going with the dark blue Diamond Brite in the pool. The decking will be stamped concrete but we have not picked out a pattern or color yet. We are leaning towards a rough surface tan/grey tile for the trim around the pool right now.
    20x42 free form gunite with 35' Lazy river
    Glow-in-the-dark floor tiles (highly recommend)
    5 pumps (Hayward)
    Hayward Cartridge filter
    12.5 ton Natural Rock Grotto
    1000 sq/ft Stamped concrete
    "Verde" color plaster
    Pentair LED Laminar jets x2 (awesome)
    Bleach Injection (coming soon)
    Outdoor HD Theater 9' x 16' Screen

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •