Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning SWG with CLR ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning SWG with CLR ?

Hi there !
    Post numero uno..
    I have had a salt water pool for some years now and didn't know about this forum !
    Oh well..

I just thought I would mention that I clean my SWG (Hayward Turbo T-Cell 15 + Aqua Rite) monthly by screwing it into it's stand and filling it with CLR. It froths and bubbles for about 15 mins then settles down. I then rinse it out and screw it back in..

Can anyone see a problem with the combination of CLR and a SWG ? Seems to work well..

Steve.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaning SWG with CLR ?

A mix of 1 part acid and 3 parts water poured in the cell and left till the frothing is done I'll bet is cheaper and the recommended way for most cells.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

What type of acid to use is the borax workable with 3 pt water to clean the SWG cell?
    Intex 16' round 42" deep SWG pool , 15,094 L water capacity ,1000 GPH Intex Filter Pump Krystal Clear Model 637

4. Back To Top    #4

Muriatic is the right stuff you want to use. Home Depot, Lowes, and most concrete supply shops have it for about $6/gallon.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

I just finished cleaning my cell, using 4 parts water and 1 part muratic acid. This is what the manufacturer recommends so whatever the manufacturer of your cell recommends is what I would use.
    IG 12' x 39' - 20k Gallons - Vinyl Lined - StaRite Cristal-Flo II 26" Sand Filter - Hayward SuperPump 1 hp - Dolphin Dynamic autocleaner - Lochinvar Energyrite gas heater - Aqua Rite SWCG T-15 - TF100 Test Kit - Skimlite Duallly 9016 pole (great pole)