Drain Intex pool via filter pump

Jul 26, 2012
Hello everybody!

I am attempting to drain my 15' Intex AGP. I am having to try and use my filter pump to accomplish this because the cheap plastic drain fitting I am supposed to attach my garden hose to, broke.

I have successfully drained almost half using a 100' backwash hose attached to the bottom outlet of the pump and a plastic pool hose weighed down to the bottom of the pool. However, I go outside to find the pump is no longer sucking any water. I inspected the hoses and fittings and can't find any air leaks. It seems I can't keep the hose primed and/or the pump is pumping out faster then whats coming in.

Any suggestions?

Mark

I think with these style pumps that the lower the water level gets the harder it will be for the pump to remain primed. The sump pump I got emptied my pool so fast that I had started draining and doing all my work and refilling it all the same day and dosed it that night still so it was well worth the money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.