Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor Fireplace and Oven Combo Build

1. Back To Top    #1

Brentwood, CA

Outdoor Fireplace and Oven Combo Build

I sold my old house after building the island I built in this thread .... long-time-coming-t17201.html

Now its time to start over and build a new oasis using the below picture as inspiration. Does anyone have a good resource and/or advice for combining an outdoor fireplace and pizza oven? I want to make sure its designed correctly to ensure that the air flows properly and independently between the oven and fireplace while only having one chimney. Please let me know if you have any advice, recommendations or a good set of plans to do this type of build.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Ingroud plaster pool, 13000 gallons, with SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Fort Wayne, IN

Re: Outdoor Fireplace and Oven Combo Build

I have no advice, as I'm pretty sure this is in fact a restaurant! It did catch my attention because an outdoor kitchen is next on our DYI list. Looking forward to following your thread!

Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

3. Back To Top    #3

Tucson, AZ

Re: Outdoor Fireplace and Oven Combo Build

I've inquired about a similar build, but was told it is against building code for more than one appliance to share a flue. Now they can share a chimney just fine, it's a simple as designing the two flues independently and then covering it with stone or stucco to create the show-face.

Anyway, Forno Bravo is the best internet resource for building brick ovens and outdoor fireplaces: ... stallation
    25K gal IG plaster pool w/ spillover jacuzzi, 12 Gulf Solar coils (leaking/currently bypassed), ancient Raypak propane heater (rusted/currently bypassed), Pentair 001018 VS pump, 4.9 sq ft Triton II sand filter, Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD kit