Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Airsoft pellets and pool water.

1. Back To Top    #1

Airsoft pellets and pool water.

My (almost) seven year old is agitating for an airsoft gun (to use with daddy and eye protection). I know that if I let her use it at home the bbs are going to get into the pool (it is probably 40% of the area of my backyard).

Has anyone had any experience with the biodegradable bbs in pools? I know I donít want thousands of little plastic balls in my backyard forever, but I have no idea what the biodegradable ones biodegrade into or how that would interact with my pool water.
    20k gallon free form plaster pool with a spill over spa, sand filter, Master Pools in floor cleaner, Jandy PDA and Jandy Lite2 natural gas heater.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Southern NH

Re: Airsoft pellets and pool water.

We have those those things all over the yard and often in the pool. Never really seen the biodegradable ones degrade any faster than the regular ones. If your kid is anything like mine, when they run out of the BB's they scour the yard and pick up the old ones. Wash them and reuse. These folks say a week to 3 months. ... 305AASQCfK
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mint Hill, NC

Re: results from tf-100 kit: what to do next

Check your skimmer basket - if they won't fit through the holes - don't sweat it - make him empty it and reuse the one's caught by the skimmer.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Flower Mound, TX

I don't think that they would be big enough to fit through the basket in the skimmer. Much better than the steel BBs that would sit on the bottm and rust.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

5. Back To Top    #5

I saw a 9 year old boy as an emergency, whose father had shot him in the mouth with an air soft gun. The projectile fractured one of his lower front teeth in half. Had to do root canal therapy on a 9 year old. I know everything we do in life has risks, just try to mitigate this possibility as much as possible.

In gound vinyl L, ~41,000 gallons, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 420 cartridge filtter, Pentair 2 speed WhisperFlo pump