Should I get the 40K gallon cell for a 24K gallon pool?

I'm running a Jandy 1400 40k gal cell on our 33k gal pool. Pump runs 24/7 and 35-40% duty cycle on the cell keeps me between 5 and 6ppm FC. 40% has kept up with 93 degree water temps and ambient air temps in the high 90s or low 100s with 10 hrs of direct sunlight per day and 70ppm CYA. I expect to be able to dial it back significantly once the air and water temps drop this fall.

Based on only my experience so far with this unit. I think you could get away with a SWG sized a moderate amount above your pool capacity IF you run the pump most of the time. In my case I think my unit might be able to keep up with a 12hr pump duty cycle, but any less than that and the cell wouldn't be enough.

I know I'm just a newb here, but I wanted to give back since lurking in this forum along with the TF100 has given me the tools to whip the pool into shape and keep it there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.