Cracked Filter head repair on EC 75A

Jul 26, 2012
The Filter head {Dome Lid} on my Hayward Perflex EC 75 has a tiny hairline crack about an inch long that emits a continuous drip. I would think it could be fixed but would like to know what sealant is recomended for this repair.

The crack is located about two inches above the lip that the cover seats on. It is too small to capture in a photo, I have to keep wiping it with a cloth to see where it is. It is solid all the way around it. It seems strange that it would crack like that (filter is three years old) Hayward has suggested a marine epoxy. If some of the pipe dopes work on the inside of a 110 PSI pipe that carrys both hot and cold water (subject to expansion and contraction in combination with the pressure) it seems in theory that it would work. I was hoping someone had already been through the trial and error phase. Thanks folks for you responses and any further suggestions.
Kelly

Thank you for all the responses. Upon researching some suggestions I found that Marine Tex flex would be most likely to satisfy the requirements. With more thought I decided to do it the best way and replace the Hayward top. Interesting though, I found that there are other manufacturers now making generic Hayward parts at much reduced prices.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.