Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HTH Salt test strips??

1. Back To Top    #1

HTH Salt test strips??

I bought a bottle of the HTH test strips that test the level of salt in your pool water...how accurate are these? According to the strip I need to add salt, but just want to be sure I can trust these things first.

Thanks for any help

Dan
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HTH Salt test strips??

Probably close enough. I prefer the AquaChek, but you are most likely OK. How many PPM does it read? Does your SWG have a display that tells you your PPM or does it have a low salt indicator?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: HTH Salt test strips??

My ppm reading is 2400ppm....my SWG does NOT have a ppm display..it just has a needle that goes into a "green section" for normal operation and a "red section" for low salt reading..that's about it.

Dan
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump