LED lights with dark mini pebble plaster

Jul 25, 2012
We have begun the big dive into our first pool build. My wife really likes our friends pool during the day with a dark pebble tech plaster. We have been planning to put in a Zodiac WaterColor LED light systems, as every one I talk to says you got to go with the cool LED lights. My consern is that the dark plaster will not work well with the LED lights.

Pool specs: 15x33 play pool (3.5-5-4), Pool will have a tanning ledge and stairs that take up approximatly 4 feet (meaning deeper water will only consist of 15 x 29). In our initial quote we have only one light being installed. Is this going to be enough? I called Zodiac, was on hold for 15 minutes and then asked the so called professional. He put me on hold again and came back with an answer of 4 lights (That sure seems like a lot for such a pool).

So what is your experience as far as number of LED lights for a pool of that size with dark plaster. Honestly I really would be fine with just a blue color light all the time, so would I be okay with a conventional light with a blue color?

Thank you for your time and feed back.

I have dark pebble tech with led lights. My pool is 10X30 and I have one regular sized led light and one spa size led light, on the stairs, in the pool. I can tell you that you will need to have at least two lights in your pool. Also with the dark pebble tech the red's and yellows are not that great, but the blue & greens look great at night. Everyone that comes over always comment on the lights and how good they look. I have Pentair lights and I keep it on the blue green program.

with four pool lights maybe we could see your pool from space :)

All kidding aside I have the same concern, I'm using the same Zodiac LEDs in my pool that is being built and I have also heard that dark pebble plaster doesn't do so well with some colors in regards to useful light. We went with 2 LEDs, one on each end just to be on the safe side ourselves. The diagram below shows how I did the placement for your reference.

PoolDiagram-vi.jpg

I'll let you know how it goes if we get water in next week.

You could probably use another light if your pool is a freeform shape. I have a dark area near the stairs but its to late to change that now if your not to picky about lights then two might be fine for you.

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 283
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.