How often do you clean behind pool light?

Johnl

LifeTime Supporter
May 3, 2008
Montgomery County, PA
It has been pretty hot here in PA and the water temp has been close to 90. I noticed some algae starting to form around the top of my pool light, so I pulled it out to clean around the light. This is the first time in 7 years I removed the light, so it was due for a cleaning.

Has anyone else had this problem? How often do you remove your underwater light out to clean the light and housing?

FC - 3.5
CC - 0.0
PH - 7.5
TA - 110
CH - 350
CA - 70
Salt - 3,000

I've only had a pool for the last couple of years. Both pools were 5-7 years old. I've only pulled lights in order replace a bulb or clean during shock process due to algae.

So, with my limited knowledge, I would think folks never do just to clean for the heck of it.

When dealing w/mustard algae the advised course of action is to remove the light and clean behind it. This is not normally required w/run of the mill algae but it does not hurt to do it.

YouTube has videos of replacement process for bulbs which includes the removal of the light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.