Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stuff floating on top

1. Back To Top    #1

Stuff floating on top

Does anyone know what this stuff floating on top is ? The picture actually highlights the stuff a little too much, it is actually kind of translucent. It has been appearing every day for a week. The skimmer gets it all in about 3 hours. Not causing a problem that I can see, just curious.

Numbers:

FC 5
    CC 0
    CYA 35
    TA 80
    PH 7.3

As always, thanks for the help.

20x40 IG Vinyl
    33k Gallons
    Triton TR-100 Sand Filter
    Pentair WFDS-6

2. Back To Top    #2
    That looks a lot like what we get from our flowering trees this time of year, though we get petals mixed in at the same time.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Looks like those poplar seeds. They come as a little fluffy string thingy then break up like that. What a PITA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep, looks like tree stuff. We have a couple of wax myrtles and they hang over one side of the pool. I must pull 5 pounds of leaves out of the skimmer every afternoon.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have tons of that **** also here in North GA. The pool will be covered within an hour or so after the pump is off.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

6. Back To Top    #6

I don't have hardly any trees near the pool but I get the same **** sometimes, especially when the wind's been blowing... usually when that stuff shows up, there'll be more bugs than usual in it as well....
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

7. Back To Top    #7
    We have it here in PA as well. It comes riding in on the wind and seems to be magically attracted to the pool surface.

My PoolSkim catches most of it when the pump runs during the night. Inside the catcher sock it compresses and somehow the water chemistry (or something) turns it sand colour, and looks like brittle cotton fabric when I clean it out.

This too shall pass. Next up: Japanese beetles by the thousands, o joy!

AnnaK
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have something else going on. I have a wide variety of trees in the yard, so it could be anything.
    20x40 IG Vinyl
    33k Gallons
    Triton TR-100 Sand Filter
    Pentair WFDS-6