Batteries for Speedstir

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Ok, this is really embarrassing to ask but... how the heck do I put batteries into my new speedstir device? I can only imagine I need to find a really small screwdriver and remove the one screw. Right?

Yippee

A #00 Phillips. Don't try the end of one of your wife's good kitchen knifes, either. You'll snap it off. Oops, I'm probably too late with this. If there's any rust showing, give up.

A drill with a 1/8 bit will open it, too. Takes the head right off. Friction fit seems to keep the lid on just fine, mine's been holding for about a year.

Richard320 said:
A #00 Phillips. Don't try the end of one of your wife's good kitchen knifes, either. You'll snap it off. Oops, I'm probably too late with this. If there's any rust showing, give up.

A drill with a 1/8 bit will open it, too. Takes the head right off. Friction fit seems to keep the lid on just fine, mine's been holding for about a year.

LOL, I *am* the wife. Skippy is my husband. Thanks for the heads up on the size of Phillips. I think Skippy has eye glass screwdrivers that might work.
Yippee

Just got my TF-100 and opened the SpeedStir purchased previously. Sure glad I found this old thread Skippy.
I kinda thought it would be that one screw. After all these years they haven't changed it. :-|
No mention in the instructions either.
I can't find my small eyeglass screwdriver so will have to wait to Speed Stir.
All I can test now anyway is tap water until my pool is plastered and filled.

Me, too! Found this old thread. Batteries died this morning. Can't get the screw out. Was going to hardware store to buy a special screw driver, but this thread indicates that if its rusted, don't bother. Of course, mine's rusted.

Hmmm..... It test swimming pool water. Water, chemicals, metal.... Probability of rust is pretty high. Could they use a stainless Steel regular screw?

I'll try to drill out the screw or Another $30 ..... I can't live without it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was able to get the screw out using my smallest philips screwdriver. Did not need the eyeglass screwdriver. Screw appears to be chrome or stainless steel now. We'll see how it holds up.

The cover won't stay on without the screw so I put it back but didn't tighten it very much just in case.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.