DVD / CD PROBLEM

32 bit? :tongue:
So, if you put something in the drives and you browse to them via My Computer then you see data files? If so then it sounds like the Autorun feature is not turned on. You may also have broken player software. DVD's need a specific player but music CD's can use Mediaplayer. You could stick a music CD in and open Mediaplayer manually to see if it plays the music, if it does then I suspect the Autorun feature is off.

Check out this site and look at solution 1 & 2 under the XP section.

Sorry, I meant to post the Autorun thing but didn't. http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article03-018/

If you do not see any files then you probably have a hardware issue. Drive is bad or drive controller has issues. You can check to see that the drivers are still setup but seeing the drives actually show up then I doubt that's the problem. If you go to where you see the drive in My Computer and right click on it you can then go to properties and see if it's recognizing it. If still nothing then you'd have to try another drive or your drive in another computer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.