Aerator question - raising ph and lowering temp

erivette

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
South Texas
Is there a difference in the type aerator you need for raising PH vs one for lowering water temperature? I've searched and found aerators that spray from above the water and those that spray from under the water. I ask because I need to do both. With solar cover on the pool is up to 95 degrees, sometimes hotter. And I also need to lower TA from 190 to add borates (hoping it will help with bees and more sparkle never hurts). So can I accomplish both at once or do I need different aerators? BTW I, too, have sparklypoolitis! BBB and those of you providing the advice/wisdom on this site are AWESOME!!! Thank you. :-D

The cooling comes from evaporation and the TA drops from exposure to the air as well. I think that anything that is spraying the water up into the air will do both. The finer the water droplets, the more affect you will see.

Some people have used air compressors to blow air down into the water. I have to think that this would not lower the temperature as much, but would still affect the TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.