Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aerator question - raising ph and lowering temp

1. Back To Top    #1

South Texas

Aerator question - raising ph and lowering temp

Is there a difference in the type aerator you need for raising PH vs one for lowering water temperature? I've searched and found aerators that spray from above the water and those that spray from under the water. I ask because I need to do both. With solar cover on the pool is up to 95 degrees, sometimes hotter. And I also need to lower TA from 190 to add borates (hoping it will help with bees and more sparkle never hurts). So can I accomplish both at once or do I need different aerators? BTW I, too, have sparklypoolitis! BBB and those of you providing the advice/wisdom on this site are AWESOME!!! Thank you.
    30'x54" AGP..22000 gals.
    -Millennium 22" sand filter
    -Waterway 1.5 hp SPL 2-speed pump.
    Hot tub..500 gals..bromine
    TF100 test kit and speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Aerator question - raising ph and lowering temp

The cooling comes from evaporation and the TA drops from exposure to the air as well. I think that anything that is spraying the water up into the air will do both. The finer the water droplets, the more affect you will see.

Some people have used air compressors to blow air down into the water. I have to think that this would not lower the temperature as much, but would still affect the TA.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!