Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Faded market umbrella

1. Back To Top    #1

Faded market umbrella

We have had a market umbrella for several seasons. When new it was a pretty blue color that complimented our pool. It is now faded but otherwise in perfect shape. Any ideas or experience with painting or dying this faded out mess.
    Bill
    18' x 36' Freeform IG Gunite with 7' spa, Super Blue DiamondBrite, Pentair 1.5 hp circulation pump, Pentair 2.0 hp spa booster pump, Pentair Triton II Sand filter, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWCG, Jandy Laars LX 250k btu NG heater, TF-100 test kit from http://www.tftestkits.com/

2. Back To Top    #2
    Well, no ideas for resurrecting the color. So many beautiful colors to choose from.

We have stopped buying anything but the 'cream' color since that is what ours all seem to end up being!

Good luck!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    I'm with ya on that one Joyce! I guess I just need to convince the Boss Lady and I'm good to go!
    Bill
    18' x 36' Freeform IG Gunite with 7' spa, Super Blue DiamondBrite, Pentair 1.5 hp circulation pump, Pentair 2.0 hp spa booster pump, Pentair Triton II Sand filter, Polaris 280 with booster pump, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWCG, Jandy Laars LX 250k btu NG heater, TF-100 test kit from http://www.tftestkits.com/

4. Back To Top    #4

http://anywherechair.com has some pretty darned good umbrellas.... they use marine grade fabric and it holds up well.

there's a beach house we've been going to for awhile and they've had their chairs and umbrellas there, in the sun and salty air for awhile and they look great. Theirs are blue as well actually.
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

5. Back To Top    #5
    Okay, so Bill..I'm there with ya! I have a green market umbrella that outside of it fading really bad is in great shape. I have bought some green dye, but found umbrellas at Olde Time Pottery really cheap so I decided I would get around to the dying before the summer was up. If you get around to it first, let me know how it goes!
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Hayward SharkVac XL cleaner; Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

6. Back To Top    #6
    sredish - thanks for the link I will check it out!

midtngal - If I get something to work I will let you know. Please let me know if you get around to trying the dye. I'm curious. I was thinking of trying some kind of paint.
    Bill

7. Back To Top    #7
    Hi-

Maybe a fabric paint from the craft department. They also make a powder medium you mix with acrylic paint so yo can paint fabric.
    Hope that helps!

18'x48" easy set pool w/Intex SWG