Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Side mount sand filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Side mount sand filter

What is a side mount sand filter? What are the advantages over the traditional top mount?

I am buying a new system and it is almost impossible to get what I want so I am settling on a Hayward powerflo matrix 1 hp w/timer and twist lock cord and I am now trying to get a filter and came across a side mount. Remember when there were like three kinds of filters
    Lomart 21ft round 11,000 gal 52"
    Hayward EC40 Perflex DE filter
    1hp Hayward Powerflo Matrix with micro timer
    Pool Rover JR ABG pool Vacuum (The best)

Back up pump and filter
    Spectra 3 sand filter/ Promega 1 horse pump with timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Side mount sand filter

Side mount or top mount is just where the multiport valve mounts on the filter. A top or side mount sand filter of the same size will perform the same. The advantage to a side mount filter is that if you ever have to fool with the sand you don't have to take valve off to do it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Side mount sand filter

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Side mount or top mount is just where the multiport valve mounts on the filter. A top or side mount sand filter of the same size will perform the same. The advantage to a side mount filter is that if you ever have to fool with the sand you don't have to take valve off to do it.
    Thank you! I just went down to my local pool store and they had a DE filter. I am a little intrigued by it. I now have another filter on top of what motor to get
    Lomart 21ft round 11,000 gal 52"
    Hayward EC40 Perflex DE filter
    1hp Hayward Powerflo Matrix with micro timer
    Pool Rover JR ABG pool Vacuum (The best)

Back up pump and filter
    Spectra 3 sand filter/ Promega 1 horse pump with timer