they started my pool! vinyl inground in PA

Apr 24, 2012
northwest PA
finally, i think i have made all of the stressful decisions (just as of today when i ordered the coping and pavers), but i have a feeling it will be a little while until i can actually relax in the finished pool. the pool builder only needs a week to complete the pool, but he will be waiting to install the liner until part of my new deck and the electric for the pool gets done. so i am excited, but a bit frustrated that everything is not quite ready for the pool. hopefully it won't take too long.

i don't have one of those nice drawings of the pool and deck, so i can't show you what it will look like when finished. it's a pretty big pool, it will have a 3.5 ft shallow end, a mid depth and an 8ft deep end for diving. i wanted the section in the middle around 52" water, i thought it would be good to hang out or play basketball or something . the long wall is 50 ft, so i can swim laps.

i am getting a swg , a de filter, and using a heat pump. my ultimate goal is to get a bubble for winters and to figure out a way to heat and use the pool all year :lol: i know, i don't live in the right area...

they started digging this morning , not until about 10:30, and they worked until it was almost dark. they didn't quite finish.

thanks again to those who have helped me with things so far. this is a wonderful forum and i have spent a lot of time over the past 4 months reading here. oh and today i ordered the tf100 with the speed stir and salt test. :-D[attachment=0:t95jjdx7]pooldig1.jpg[/attachment:t95jjdx7]

hmm, i have no idea how to downsize a picture properly for this, so i'll have to work on that, it looks bad to me...

Attachments

• pooldig1.jpg
    pooldig1.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 285
well, the pool pretty much was on hold most of the past 2 weeks while part of my deck got built so that the electric could get done and the equipment would be able to be set in place. it was indeed quite frustrating at first, but i am at the mercy of someone doing this job for me in his "spare" time basically. the pool guys had gotten the walls up and floor done, then they had to stop. they spent a couple days along the way installing the plumbing lines. today was a very exciting day. the pool got cleaned up, had the liner installed, and was half filled. the water guy delivered 4 loads of water (6500 gal per load) and they think i need 3 more, which will come in the morning. then the electrician will wire the equipment later tomorrow, so hopefully the pool will be up and running late tomorrow, but possibly friday.

i think i will really be happy with the liner i chose- i was torn between the mosaic one i got and a similar colored pebble pattern. i can't wait to see the water sparkly clean to really see what it looks like. my test kit has been sitting here just waiting for me to use it...

one funny thing, i was shocked to see how big the heat pump is!

i didn't take pictures of every little thing, but i will post what i have.
[attachment=2:21kqju99]pool1.jpg[/attachment:21kqju99]
[attachment=1:21kqju99]pool2.jpg[/attachment:21kqju99][attachment=0:21kqju99]pool3.jpg[/attachment:21kqju99]
ok, apparently 3 is the limit...

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 146
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 146
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 146
some more[attachment=2:2khsnfdn]pool4.jpg[/attachment:2khsnfdn][attachment=1:2khsnfdn]pool5.jpg[/attachment:2khsnfdn][attachment=0:2khsnfdn]pool6.jpg[/attachment:2khsnfdn]

Attachments

• pool4.jpg
    pool4.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 147
  • pool5.jpg
    pool5.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 147
  • pool6.jpg
    pool6.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 147
and[attachment=2:ypuf21ea]pool7.jpg[/attachment:ypuf21ea][attachment=1:ypuf21ea]pool8.jpg[/attachment:ypuf21ea]
you can see the deck getting started under the tarp in background. the concrete floor got poured yesterday and it was raining so he put up the tarp. unfortunately, that's about all the further the deck will get this year. but when it's done next year, it will have a deck up above with a patio all underneath- the block enclosed portion in the picture is just the first section- for a bathroom and the equipment, the rest will be open underneath.[attachment=0:ypuf21ea]pool9.jpg[/attachment:ypuf21ea]
i almost went swimming- i walked around a bit in it, but it cooled off before i had a chance to really go in. tomorrow i'll be in there, just to check it out at least!

Attachments

• pool7.jpg
    pool7.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 146
  • pool8.jpg
    pool8.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 146
  • pool9.jpg
    pool9.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 146
thanks you guys. duraleigh, most of the farms around here are dairy farms, but it is out in the country (i'm half hour outside erie), so i don't know if that qualifies. also some corn and strawberries, but nothing too exciting. it is beautiful out here- though i do need to have someone get down there and clear out the trees growing back up in the opening in the tree line so i don't lose my view! i can't wait until i have everything finished, i might end up living on my deck- and in the pool, of course.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.