Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Broom?

1. Back To Top    #1

Valley Forge, PA

Water Broom?

Pulled the cover off last weekend and am ready to go for the season. I have a broom finish concrete deck that is fairly large. This will be our fourth season with the pool. You can really see a dirt line where the cover tie downs were. I was getting ready to clean it with a large brush and concrete cleaner when I saw an ad for a 'water broom'. Has anyone here had any experience with one of these? Are they worth buying? It seems it would make the job easier, but I am concerned that it might not get the concrete clean enough, or, even worse, damage it.
    30K gal in ground shotcrete pool with Sunstone Select finish
    Attached raised spa with spillway
    DE filter, 400K btu heater
    Ray-Vac cleaner
    Use BBB methods

2. Back To Top    #2
    If you are talking about what I am thinking of, that is really for sweeping debris off a surface, not tackling the deep-down stuff.

I would either use a pressure washer or a brush and clorox. A pressure washer that is made for home use is just fine for cleaning concrete. Use a 'fan' setting, as opposed to a 'jet stream' and your deck will be blindingly white in no time!!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!