Chlorine and health

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this stuff becomes much more of a problem in public/indoor pools which do not have our recommended levels of CYA thus resulting in higher active chlorine levels.

There are many discussions about this in the forums ... Deep End I think.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Essentially all of the "problems" with chlorine are actually problems with CC, which is a generic name for several different sanitizer byproducts. CC levels can get quite high in a poorly managed pool, and are far more common in indoor pools, where those studies are typically done. If you have an outdoor pool and take proper care of your water, the CC levels will be essentially zero, and all of the health risks you referred to will be essentially zero.

techguy said:
I was getting into my shower this afternoon and could swear I smelled the chlorine in it. I will test my tap water next tie I have my kit out.

Public water supplies are chlorinated in the USA. They are also, usually fluoridated as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The real danger of algae being present in the pool is not the algae, but what other potential pathogens are growing in there.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Because any type of sanitizer-free pool is inherently unsafe and runs counter to what we teach here at TFP, I see no value in letting this thread continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.