I've been following the board for a few weeks while evaluating pool builders in my area. I've been through Pool School several times and still have so much more to learn. Below is a proposal from a pool builder that's come highly recommended by several friends with builds ranging from 1 to 7 years old. They all state emphatically they would utilize the builder again.
POOL SIZE: 30’ X 24’
POOL AREA: Approx.496 Ft.
POOL DEPTH: 4'-5'-4'
POOL PERIMETER: Approx. 86 Ft.
FILTER: Hayward Cartridge 4025
FILTER PUMP: Hayward Super II 2 H.P.
WATERFALL PUMP: Hayward Super II 1 H.P. (for the 3 descents and 2 bubblers)
SKIMMER: 2 Waterway
POOL LIGHT: 2 Color Logic 4.0
MAIN DRAIN: 2 with Anti-Vortex/Anti-Entrapment covers.
POOL CLEANER: Polaris 280 with booster pump
CHLORINATOR: Jandy Aquapure Salt system
TIMER: Intermatic Time Clock
10’ X 5’ Tanning Ledge with 2 Bubblers
16’ Raised Beam with 3 Sheer Descents (5' @ 6" elevation, 6' @12" elevation, 5' @ 6" elevation)
Standard fill line with anti-siphon valve
2 Volleyball sleeves; 1 umbrella sleeve in Tanning Ledge
STRUCTURAL POOL SPECIFICATIONS:
BEAM: #4 Rebar Continuous / 4 Bar Box Beam
WALLS/FLOOR: #3 Rebar on 8” centers
GUNITE: 7.1 Cement (sack/sand) Ratio
GUNITE BEAM: 12’ Pneumatically Applied @ 4000 PSI
GUNITE WALLS/FLOOR: 6” Pneumatically Applied @ 4000 PSI
1 ½”-2” PVC schedule 40 on all pool plumbing and pump connections.
ALL of total electrical conduit run complete with all termination switches is included in bid. Pool equipment requires 40-50 amps.
COPING: Flagstone or brick
TILE: 6” X 6” Waterline Tile (any tile from Noble catalog except for glass)
INTERIOR FINISH: CLI Sunstone Select or Wet Edge Luna Quartz Exposed Aggregate
AREA: Approx 500 Square Feet
TYPE: Pea-Gravel or Spray Deck
STEEL SCHEDULE: #3 Rebar in a mat
DECO-DRAIN: Included in bid
DECKING: Spray Deck on Existing Patio
POOL MAINTENANCE AND EQUIPMENT:
4 Way Test Kit (I know, I know....will be buying a TF100 once we get started)
60% due at Excavation, 30% due at Deck Frame-up, 10% (less $500) due at Plaster with the final $500 due at Equipment Startup.
1) Payment Schedule - obviously weighted for builder and we want to revise this, but several recommendations by people we've known for a few years helps to mitigate this.
2) We opted for no spa because we really aren't spa people. Anybody in the same position end up regretting this in the future?
3) No heater. Pool will get sun from roughly 9am-5pm during summer months. I don't really relish paying $$ for a gas heater and only using it a few times a year. What will a heater buy us, another month at the beginning and end of the swim season?
4) How much should automation cost for this build?
5) Anything else I should be concerned about?