First full test-it was fun!

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Pool was finished filling yesterday (Monday). I added 2.9 lbs of Stabilizer per the Pool Calculator. I put in 5 gals. of 6% chlorine. This was put in at dusk last night.

I tested tonight (Tues.) with the Taylor 2006. My numbers are below.

FC 8
CC .5
PH 7.3
TA 175
CH 150
CYA-filled tube up and THINK I could see the black dot. It was close to being gone. I know from reading the Pool School that I need to wait a week to get a real reading on the CYA.

The pool looks wonderful! :party:

Is there any thing I should do different or add right now? It has only been full and running for 2 days. I know what the Pool Calculator says but wanted to make sure as I read to NOT adjust the TA just for the numbers. I am unsure still about what I should do about the CH

THANKS for this site! :cheers: I had FUN doing the test and knowing I could come here for some hand holding!

Kim

For a first test... your water did great!

TA could come down, but let's see what happens over the next few days to pH and TA before you decide on a plan of attack for that.

My one question would be, how much CYA did you add and how did you add it?

All looks VERY good for a new fill. The only thing I'd do is leave the FC towards the higher end of the suggested levels to try and lower the 0.5CC. A 0.5CC reading could be the test margin of error....or a very very small amount of growth in your pool. Either way....I'd try to kill it off.

I can tell somebody has been reading pool school. :D

I put in 2.9 lbs of stabilizer by walking around in the pool with a sock full of stabilizer squeezing away! "Honey I can't cook supper tonight. I have to get this stabilizer in the pool!" LOL Pizza man came to the house!

I will keep the FC up on the high end to make sure I kill any thing that had a chance to grow in the 2 days it took to fill the pool up enough to run the pump.

THANKS!

Kim

If you squished that sock empty, and the pump is running you can call it a duck and consider it in the water. Chlorinate for the CYA level that you were targeting for now. Test in a week and see if you hit your mark (you can try sooner, I've had good results with that after squishing, but it's not recommended).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.