Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First full test-it was fun!

1. Back To Top    #1

First full test-it was fun!

Pool was finished filling yesterday (Monday). I added 2.9 lbs of Stabilizer per the Pool Calculator. I put in 5 gals. of 6% chlorine. This was put in at dusk last night.

I tested tonight (Tues.) with the Taylor 2006. My numbers are below.

FC 8
    CC .5
    PH 7.3
    TA 175
    CH 150
    CYA-filled tube up and THINK I could see the black dot. It was close to being gone. I know from reading the Pool School that I need to wait a week to get a real reading on the CYA.

The pool looks wonderful!

Is there any thing I should do different or add right now? It has only been full and running for 2 days. I know what the Pool Calculator says but wanted to make sure as I read to NOT adjust the TA just for the numbers. I am unsure still about what I should do about the CH

THANKS for this site! I had FUN doing the test and knowing I could come here for some hand holding!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First full test-it was fun!

CH is fine since you have a vinyl liner.

Enjoy your pool! I just spent an hour in mine, it was great
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

3. Back To Top    #3

For a first test... your water did great!

TA could come down, but let's see what happens over the next few days to pH and TA before you decide on a plan of attack for that.

My one question would be, how much CYA did you add and how did you add it?
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

4. Back To Top    #4

All looks VERY good for a new fill. The only thing I'd do is leave the FC towards the higher end of the suggested levels to try and lower the 0.5CC. A 0.5CC reading could be the test margin of error....or a very very small amount of growth in your pool. Either way....I'd try to kill it off.

I can tell somebody has been reading pool school.

5. Back To Top    #5

I put in 2.9 lbs of stabilizer by walking around in the pool with a sock full of stabilizer squeezing away! "Honey I can't cook supper tonight. I have to get this stabilizer in the pool!" LOL Pizza man came to the house!

I will keep the FC up on the high end to make sure I kill any thing that had a chance to grow in the 2 days it took to fill the pool up enough to run the pump.

THANKS!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

If you squished that sock empty, and the pump is running you can call it a duck and consider it in the water. Chlorinate for the CYA level that you were targeting for now. Test in a week and see if you hit your mark (you can try sooner, I've had good results with that after squishing, but it's not recommended).
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

7. Back To Top    #7

Excellent job but I bet your hand is swore.....lol ...
    18x52 intex ultra frame pool 6981 gallons, 1 HP LL pump with 19 in sand filter,BBB method,borax 50ppm
    leslies DPD test kit + fas-dpd chlorine test kit + borates test strips
    thru wall skimmer,hard plumbed with 2 returns 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 inch sch 40 pvc,shut off ball valves on all