Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Should I shock it?

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Should I shock it?

    I have a intex 16 x 48 pool. It holds 5061 gallons of water. I have been trying for several days to get a chlorine reading with no luck. I have used the granules , and have used 3 tablets and still have a 0 reading . I put 8 oz of stablizer and conditioner to the pool last night in the skimmer basket, now the bottom of my pool is green. Should I shock it? and if so how much shock should I use?

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    5,061

    Re: Should I shock it?

    Welcome to TFP! A green pool needs to be shocked. Before we start though, what sort of test kit do you have and what are your test results including FC, CC, pH, TA, and CYA?

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland
    Posts
    296

    Re: Should I shock it?

    Are you testing using a drop test kit or DPD tablets? DPD tablets bleach out their tint at high chlorine readings as stated above we need more information before making our opinion

    Stuart
    Stuart Murray
    Scotland UK
    UK NPPOC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •