Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AutoPilot DIG-220 Low Amp after replacing cell

1. Back To Top    #1

AutoPilot DIG-220 Low Amp after replacing cell

Hi Folks,

I just replaced the original SC-36 cell and cord on my DIG-220 (I went with the CompuPool cell replacement). The salt is calibrated (2700), the connections seem OK, and I have no clue what could it be. Let me know if you can help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AutoPilot DIG-220 Low Amp after replacing cell

Welcome to TFP!

What power level do you have the unit set for? If you have it on power level 1, try turning it up to power level 2 and see if that makes any difference.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I tested with power level 1 and 2 and the results were the same. Do you think could it be the fuse?

4. Back To Top    #4

It could be the fuse, thought that isn't the first place I would look. What does "test pool pilot" say about volts and amps?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

"low Amp - 0.5A" - that's the message I get.

6. Back To Top    #6

Amps would tend to be zero if it was the fuse, not 0.5. Have you checked the cell cord connections at both ends? Also, did you replace the cell cord when you replaced the cell?

7. Back To Top    #7

That's a good point regarding the fuse. I did check the cord multiple times in both ends, and the cord is brand new as well.

8. Back To Top    #8

Just check the message on the unit. It reads "Low Amp - cell?". On the test pilot it says "0V - 0.5A"

9. Back To Top    #9

Alright...everything started to make sense now. I decided to open my unit to check what was going on and when I did I was quite surprise. Inside there were 5 wasp nests, and one dead lizard. Also, as soon as I remove the inside cover, two capacitor just fell off. I think now it's the time to call some one with better credentials than mine. I'll keep you posted.