Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: NO FLOW always on

NO FLOW always on

Can someone help? I have a newly installed guinite pool with Aqua Pure Jandy 1400 salt generator. There has been 0 chlorine for few weeks and I have been adding it daily. The NO FLOW LIGHT is always on and most of time also cell reversing light. There are no error codes. Today pool company said the cell may be bad. I called handy to get info and they said possibly its a bad sensor. Do you this think this will fix it? I also had yellow mold but used algaecide and extra chlorine which got rid of it. Today I had phosphates at 25 and total hardness was low so pool co added whatever it needed
    it. Does anyone know if the new sensor will be the cure?

Re: NO FLOW always on

have you checked and cleaned the screen? That can cause this message.

No flow errors are either insufficient water flow, or a disconnected sensor, or a bad sensor. Start by checking the skimmer basket, pump strainer basket, and cleaning/backwashing the filter. If that doesn't do it, take a look at the sensor cable and make sure it is properly connected and not cut anywhere. If that doesn't turn up anything, the next thing to try would be replacing the sensor.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Thanks for quick responses. The filters next to the system and the baskets are clean. I don't know if I have a screen or just don't know where it is. Really hope its something simple.

in my system (DIG-220) the screen is located at the union right before the sensor, at the bottom of the upside down U shapped pipe.

Thank you. I will check that tomorrow. I finally found put that there is a filter on the hose that pulls the Polaris around. Hope I get the hang of this. I was the only one in the neighborhood who opened the pool and had crystal clear water. Now its getting the best of me. The hardness level was down today and can't figure it out bc nothing has changed except some debris from the storm last week and a seagull hanging around.

How about posting a full set of test results and how you got them, so we can se if we can help you out with those.

If you'll post a pic of the equipment we can help with that too.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

Jandy is having a big problem with their sensors right now. I just had another one fail on me last week right before vacation time. This last sensor was their latest design and lasted for 2 months. My pool builder said they are replacing the sensors all the time right now. The only error I have seen on my system is "NO FLOW". Hopefully Jandy figures this out soon.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

I had the same problem with my aqua pure. After finally talking to a Jandy tech that knew what she was talking about, she walked me through the problem. If you look inside your panel where the aqua pure sensor plugs into the circuit board, it actually should plug into a small circuit board (about 1"x2") and that small circuit board plugs into the large circuit board. I know it's kind of confusing but if you look at it you'll figure it out. Okay, the problem is on the small circuit board. You will see a small black square (about the size of a pencil eraser) on one corner of the small circuit board. There is a small part of this black square that you can unplug. Unplug it and leave it out. This is a jumper that is required for the aquapure to be compatible with older control panels. (this is what the tech told me). After I took that off, I cycled the power off and then on and after the aquapure went through the start-up, the no-flow light went off and it started working. It's been working great ever since. I hope this helps.
    18,000 gallon in-ground gunite/plaster
    Jandy CV580 cartridge filter
    Jandy SHPF Stealth 1.5hp pump
    Jandy FHPM FloPro 1.0hp pump
    Polaris PB4-60 booster pump
    Polaris Vac-Sweep 280
    AquaPure PLC1400 CG
    Aqua link RS with PDA
    Built April 2012