Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dave's copper test suggestion

1. Back To Top    #1

Dave's copper test suggestion

Hello again,

Dave said (on the Hey DAVE thread):

Here is the copper test kit the tftestkits.net carries: http://tftestkits.net/K-1730-Taylor-Cop ... t-p57.html
    I believe it can test down to 0.05 ppm copper (and up to 1 ppm).

I saw a K-1730 on the Taylor site. Which is better?

Are the Intex copper test strips (what I've been using since my SWG has a copper ionizer) that reliable?

Thank you!
    Intex 13' X 39" AGP, ~2800 gal filled, with Intex CS8110 SWG and Cu ion (now unplugged), Intex 635T pump/timer 1500 gph in a shady MD backyard.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dave's copper test suggestion

TFTestkits sells the same Taylor kits that Taylor sells. Same kit.

You might want to unplug that copper wire from your SWG (most of us do just this). Then you will not have any more copper in your water and no need to test or buy copper strips. It's unnecessary anyway as long as you're maintaining proper FC levels.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

I will since I think the copper's too high (screwed up my pH).

I'll get the copper kit too. Thanks very much!
    Intex 13' X 39" AGP, ~2800 gal filled, with Intex CS8110 SWG and Cu ion (now unplugged), Intex 635T pump/timer 1500 gph in a shady MD backyard.

4. Back To Top    #4

I've been battling copper too... but I'm not aware of a copper wire in the SWG... Could you tell me exactly what to look for, or possibly post a picure?

5. Back To Top    #5

There are two black plugs on the Intex SWG, they plug onto the clear tube. One is for the chlorine, it is rectangular in shape, and the bar underneath is silver in color. The other one is round and the bar underneath is copper colored, or may even be green by now. Unplug the round one with the copper bar under it.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.