Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Settling on one leg-Ultra Frame

1. Back To Top    #1

Settling on one leg-Ultra Frame

Hello everyone...my name is Blaine and I am a newbie to Intex pools and this is my first post on this forum...just purchased a beauty 18X9X52 Rectangular Ultra Frame. I read tons of threads prior to setting up and thought I had everything in line...ground very level, etc. Now after the pool has filled, I noticed a leg sinking. I thought I had really hard compacted soil on the left side, but the end leg decided it wanted to go down more than others. I did not (shame on me) put wood or block under the leg. Is there anyway to lift that leg and put a block or something else under it without draining the pool? Jack it up, and then slide something under it? Besides this leg dropping about 2 inches, the pool looks wonderful, the pump is working terrific with no leaks.

any help is very much appreciated!

Semper Fi,
    Blaine
    New Owner 18x9x52 Intex Rectangular AGP, 4545 gallons
    SWG CS8110, Krystal 635T Pump (1500 GPH) w/cartridge filter
    I've just opened this pool on 25Jul2012
    The deck is almost done!!:)
    Marine Officer in Virginia Beach

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Settling on one leg-Ultra Frame

Not sure if it would work on your pool or not but it has been done. Obviously its at your own risk and no guarantee that it will work, but http://www.troublefreepool.com/succe...ol-t45938.html here it is anyways.
    6500 gal, Intex 18'x48" above ground, 1hp Pro Sand Filter, TF100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks so much Superman...this was the same sort of idea I had, just really worried about ripping the liner or bending the frame.

4. Back To Top    #4

I've seen some threads showing examples of T-legs being raised, but none so far with the dual-leg type on my pool. Anyone raised those types of legs with a full pool?

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by AbareFamily
    Hello everyone...my name is Blaine and I am a newbie to Intex pools and this is my first post on this forum...just purchased a beauty 18X9X52 Rectangular Ultra Frame. I read tons of threads prior to setting up and thought I had everything in line...ground very level, etc. Now after the pool has filled, I noticed a leg sinking. I thought I had really hard compacted soil on the left side, but the end leg decided it wanted to go down more than others. I did not (shame on me) put wood or block under the leg. Is there anyway to lift that leg and put a block or something else under it without draining the pool? Jack it up, and then slide something under it? Besides this leg dropping about 2 inches, the pool looks wonderful, the pump is working terrific with no leaks.

any help is very much appreciated!

Semper Fi,
    Blaine

My son served in the Marine Corp. I want to thank you for your service to this country!! proud*marine*mom
    Above Ground Pool 15' by 30' Older pool -- Make ? Model ? Cost - Free; Given to Us
    Gallons approximately 11,000 (if I figured correctly)
    New liner in 2007 when pool was moved and installed by son-in-law and family members
    Hayward Sand Filter 150 pounds of sand (purchased new in 2007)
    White River 2 horsepower pump (purchased new in 2012)
    Deck built in 2011
    Bioguard 1200V Multi-Test Kit with an additional Orthotolidine Chlorine Test Kit