Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hey DAVE!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hey DAVE!

Test kit dave, that is. Which test do you recommend to test for very small amounts of copper. Not enough to show up in a lousy pool store test, but enough to turn hair green. Thanks!
    ~theresa
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hey DAVE!

A lock of blonde hair?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I am not "Test kit dave", but I play one on TV

Here is the copper test kit the tftestkits.net carries: http://tftestkits.net/K-1730-Taylor-...-Test-p57.html

I believe it can test down to 0.05 ppm copper (and up to 1 ppm).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks linen!

and yes, did test with my daughter the guinea pig! Positive!
    Theresa and/or Gary

Complete DIY: 20x40' rectangle. Resin walls, vinyl lined. 33000 gallons. Full width steps. 8' deep. Diving board, slide. Hayward pro series super pump, sand filter. Raypack 336K BTU heater. Main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, 2 amerilite lights with quick change lens Aquamatic auto cover and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Breaking our backs in the hopes that one of our six kids will care for us when we are old ;)

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by 8corneflakes
    and yes, did test with my daughter the guinea pig! Positive!
    pics?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

6. Back To Top    #6

pics tomorrow when she gets back in the pool. then the green really shows. Sadly, she is so proud of it. When you have five siblings, you look forward to anything that gets attention.
    Theresa and/or Gary

7. Back To Top    #7

In high school, I did a home perm on my wedge hair (1985 - some of you might remember lopsided hair) and it turned green. I was very pleased with the result, and my mom couldn't do a thing about it! She would have cut all my hair off if I'd dyed it green but this way I got to keep it. hehe (mom did the perm)
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

8. Back To Top    #8

Back when I was taking a Lifeguard Instructor Training class, my blond (at the time) hair turned a brilliant green...I kind of liked it...of course it was the 80's

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    I am not "Test kit dave", but I play one on TV
    Oh, I thought you spent the night at a Holiday Inn Express
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

Ah, the 80's! I've noticed teal green hair is very popular right now. the next time someone complains about green hair after swimming in my pool, I will say, "you're welcome".
    Theresa and/or Gary

11. Back To Top    #11

The only really good music came from the 80's. Mainstream clothing was the worst (polka dots and wide belts???) but alternative dress however was the most unique ever (the vintage clothing stores made a killing off of us buying their old lady hats with veils). The grunge that came with the 90's was simply a dirty manifestation of 1985 father closet diggers, not unique in any way lol.

Everyone wore Levi's 501's, even the girls, computers were only good for word processing and databases, and gas was $1.35/gallon, so if your friends coughed up two bucks each you made a profit giving rides even in cars built in 1972.

Gah... miss it! (sorry for turning the thread but I'm feeling nostalgic... and old!)
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

12. Back To Top    #12

bet you already went to see 'rock of ages'. good stuff!
    Theresa and/or Gary

13. Back To Top    #13

Nah... I'm too cheap to pay $9/person for a film. I'd rather have two Dutch Brother's coffees, or a couple of nice microbrews, and wait till it comes out on DVD.

Never was much of a butt rock fan. If Axel Rose never squaked a single squeezed squauk I'd be a much happier person.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by frogabog
    The only really good music came from the 80's. Mainstream clothing was the worst (polka dots and wide belts???) but alternative dress however was the most unique ever (the vintage clothing stores made a killing off of us buying their old lady hats with veils). The grunge that came with the 90's was simply a dirty manifestation of 1985 father closet diggers, not unique in any way lol.

Everyone wore Levi's 501's, even the girls, computers were only good for word processing and databases, and gas was $1.35/gallon, so if your friends coughed up two bucks each you made a profit giving rides even in cars built in 1972.

Gah... miss it! (sorry for turning the thread but I'm feeling nostalgic... and old!)
    I love most 80's music, kinda miss big hair....lol. Still wear Levi's and I liked them on the girls. Today's jeans look funny to me, just cut strangely. Pandora is great for 80's music. My teens even like most of the music.
    Mike
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

15. Back To Top    #15

My kids will defy me in every way they can, such as refuse to read great books I liked and insist the bus won't go where I say it goes... but they can't deny that the music was incredible. Especially as compared to some of today's music.

I win, and they now tell their friends how cool their mom is. That is partly due to the fact that I simply can't candy coat sex and drug discussions and tell them the TRUTH! :~}

My mom listened to Engelbert Humperdink, Donny & Marie, and the like... little or no coolness there!

16. Back To Top    #16

Lol re 80s. My son is a music tech/comp major at umich. As a side techno project, he wrote a song called "The 80s Called, They Want Their Beats Back" -- it was hilarious, and sounded every bit the synth/machine drum drama of the era

Haven't seen rock of ages on the screen, but saw the off-broadway version of it
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains