Recommend a PB in the Tampa Bay area

rm1759

May 11, 2012
We are about ready to select our PB for our new pool.

I have been lurking for some time, and now I am hopeful that I can get some recommendations of PB's in my area I should approach with the project.

I have heard that Challenger pools is the worst, so I have already crossed them off the list (unless someone can rebut this)

Has anyone here used Gulfstream pools?

Anyone have any other suggestions?

We selected Natural Springs Pools in Lutz after hearing several positive comments from others. So far, and we are in VERY early stages of our build, they have been very responsive, spent hours with us on design, equipment, pavers, screen, etc., and seemingly on top of things. However, time will tell whether we made a good decision.

We had several friends who had pools built by Exclusive Pools in Valrico, and we were initially inclined to go with them based solely on our friends' very good eperiences. However, they didn't get us even a rough design or quote for over a week after coming out to our home, and we had to follow up with them to send the design and quote to us. Even after getting us the proposed design and quote to us by email, there was absolutely no follow up by them at all. They never contacted us again. We thought it was strange given that we weren't looking for super cheap pool (we wound up spending over $53K with Natural Springs Pools), but Exclusive Pools just didn't seem interested in earning our business.

Good luck!

I had five different builders come out and I narrowed them down to Riviera Pools and Landmark Pools. I ended up going with Riviera because I felt they had more to offer for the price. Both were on the higher end though. They start digging Saturday. :cheers:

We ended up going with Backyard Resorts Pools and Spa's.

he's a smaller operation than the others, and I worked directly with the builder almost daily. He did a good job, and was very reasonable ($31K for a 16x36' lagoon shape, I did the deck pavers, and we did not have a heater, spa or cage). You can see my build thread to see the pool. Not 100% done yet, but the kids are swimming, we still have to work on the tiki bar and outside kitchen (doing these on my own).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.