Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommend a PB in the Tampa Bay area

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommend a PB in the Tampa Bay area

We are about ready to select our PB for our new pool.

I have been lurking for some time, and now I am hopeful that I can get some recommendations of PB's in my area I should approach with the project.

I have heard that Challenger pools is the worst, so I have already crossed them off the list (unless someone can rebut this)

Has anyone here used Gulfstream pools?

Anyone have any other suggestions?
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommend a PB in the Tampa Bay area

We selected Natural Springs Pools in Lutz after hearing several positive comments from others. So far, and we are in VERY early stages of our build, they have been very responsive, spent hours with us on design, equipment, pavers, screen, etc., and seemingly on top of things. However, time will tell whether we made a good decision.

We had several friends who had pools built by Exclusive Pools in Valrico, and we were initially inclined to go with them based solely on our friends' very good eperiences. However, they didn't get us even a rough design or quote for over a week after coming out to our home, and we had to follow up with them to send the design and quote to us. Even after getting us the proposed design and quote to us by email, there was absolutely no follow up by them at all. They never contacted us again. We thought it was strange given that we weren't looking for super cheap pool (we wound up spending over $53K with Natural Springs Pools), but Exclusive Pools just didn't seem interested in earning our business.

Good luck!

3. Back To Top    #3

I had five different builders come out and I narrowed them down to Riviera Pools and Landmark Pools. I ended up going with Riviera because I felt they had more to offer for the price. Both were on the higher end though. They start digging Saturday.
    95,000 Lt (25,000 Gallon) IGP 12.5m x 7m & Seperate Spa 2.2m x 2.1m. Gemtex and tile finish Spa fully tiled. Waterco Micron glass bead filter S800, Viron P600 eVo variable speed pump. Viron Connect Pool and Spa Controller touchscreen. Chemigem D10 Auto PH/Chlorine Controller. Sunlover Oasis C25 Heat Pump for Pool & Viron 250 LPG Gas Heater for Spa. 7 LED Lights. Polaris 280 with booster pump. Pool Cover and Roller. TF-100 Test Kit and Speed Stirrer

4. Back To Top    #4

Has anyone used Anchor Pools? We are getting a few quotes and hope to have a pool built by end of April!
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION - 16x28' Freeform Pool with sunshelf, 3.5'-5.5' depth;
    7' Spa raised 18", 6 jets alternating heights, Flagstone on raised beam
    Stonescapes mini pebble finish, Tropical Blue; Stonelock Artistic Pavers; Bronze aluminum screen enclosure
    Sta-Rite Intelliflo 3HP VS Pump and DE Filter, SWG, 400K BTU Gas Heater, Globrite LED Lights
    Easy Touch Automation with Screenlogic smartphone interface[/b]

5. Back To Top    #5

In hindsight, we should have chosen a different builder (Exclusive, Riveria, Anchor, etc.). Anyone with a license to build pools other than Natural Springs.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by flbassjag
    In hindsight, we should have chosen a different builder (Exclusive, Riveria, Anchor, etc.). Anyone with a license to build pools other than Natural Springs.
    Yikes,we have a quote from Natural also!
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION - 16x28' Freeform Pool with sunshelf, 3.5'-5.5' depth;
    7' Spa raised 18", 6 jets alternating heights, Flagstone on raised beam
    Stonescapes mini pebble finish, Tropical Blue; Stonelock Artistic Pavers; Bronze aluminum screen enclosure
    Sta-Rite Intelliflo 3HP VS Pump and DE Filter, SWG, 400K BTU Gas Heater, Globrite LED Lights
    Easy Touch Automation with Screenlogic smartphone interface[/b]

7. Back To Top    #7

Feel free to PM me, and I can share our experience with you.

8. Back To Top    #8

We ended up going with Backyard Resorts Pools and Spa's.

he's a smaller operation than the others, and I worked directly with the builder almost daily. He did a good job, and was very reasonable ($31K for a 16x36' lagoon shape, I did the deck pavers, and we did not have a heater, spa or cage). You can see my build thread to see the pool. Not 100% done yet, but the kids are swimming, we still have to work on the tiki bar and outside kitchen (doing these on my own).
    12K Gal
    cartridge filters
    IG/pebble tec
    IG cleaning system
    Phoenix AZ

9. Back To Top    #9

Flbassjag, I pm'd you regarding your experience with Natural Springs, thanks!