Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how do these results look?

1. Back To Top    #1

how do these results look?

Here are results from today. Just wondering if I need to adjust anything. water is clear.
    FC 3
    pH 7.8
    TA 150
    CH 350
    CYA 50

I have been doing the BBB method all summer with only one hiccup. I am so thankful I found this sight.
    Thanks for all the help here.
    25,000 gal, sand, IG, gunite with attached spa and waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: how do these results look?

Your FC is a little low, I would target 8 at your addition, never drop below 4, with a CYA of 50. As long as your pH isn't drifting, I wouldn't worry about TA of 150, but you can lower it if it is a problem.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

How does your water look?

RobbieH has you covered!

I would lower your ph down to 7.2, this will also lower your TA a little. When it comes back up to 7.8, lower it to 7.2 again (as before your TA will lower a little more).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    How does your water look?

RobbieH has you covered!

I would lower your ph down to 7.2, this will also lower your TA a little. When it comes back up to 7.8, lower it to 7.2 again (as before your TA will lower a little more).
    I would agree with lowering TA and getting chlorine up a little. With you waterfall, it should be easy to aerate pH back up when needed.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"