LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2012
Lafayette, Ca / USA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So, this whole Fiberglass pool thing is very new to us - vs. Plaster. Not sure how long ago the new fiberglass coating was done - the previous owner is kind of clueless.

We noticed a piece of the fiberglass has slightly cracked and about 4mm pulled outward (on side wall towards shallow end) - what I mean by that is that I can actually put my fingernail under the crack since some has pulled away from underlinment - although I haven't pulled on it (for obvious reasons). There is also a 10" or so hairline crack that is evident in the shallow end.

So I guess my main questions are:

- What is underneath the Fiberglass when they apply or spray it on? Is it sprayed directly onto Concrete or Plaster?
- Does a crack like these compromise anything (leaks, etc). Or are these fairly normal in IG Fiberglass pools?
- How expensive is it to re-do Fiberglass when the time "comes" ? I know it's subjective - just a ball park figure given 31,000 capacity. $2,000 ? $20,000 ?
- Anything else I need to be aware of for Fiberglass?

Thanks all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.