Bad Bleach?

Samantha_in_AL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 19, 2010
Altoona, AL
I use the 182 oz. jugs of Great Value bleach.. I went out just before dark tonight to do my nightly pour. The seal thingy that comes on top of new jugs appeared to be almost melted off when I removed the lid. I thought it was odd, I've never had one like that. When I poured it into the clear measuring cup I use I noticed the color was totally wrong, it was orange and the odor was very, very strong. I decided against using it in the pool and ended up dumping the whole jug on some pesky weeds growing along our fence line. Yeah I know... I probably shouldn't do that, but bleach is great weed killer. I opened another container and it seemed fine. Now I'm wondering if any more of the new jugs I bought yesterday are like that. I'll have to wait until morning to check them. Has anyone else ever bought any "bad" bleach?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.