Chemical help on intex pool

bboran

Jul 17, 2012
I have a 12x36 intex easy set pool and have been following the instructions for starting up a temporary pool and so far so good. My question is that I purchased small pool sanitizer at the end of the season last year for my granddaughters kiddie pool but now I would like to be able to use it in this pool. I'm on my last day of shock treatment and now going to be doing the maintenance. Step 7 is to add algaecide once a week however the pool sanitizer above supposedly has algaecide in it so do I need to add more and do I have to worry about too much algaecide. If it helps the ingredients are sodium dichlorvos triazinetrione dihydrate 99percent. Available chlorine is 55percent. It is granular. Thank you

I would not think you would need to add more than is in the sanitizer.

For that matter, the algaecide is really optional and not required if you are strict about keeping the FC in range for your CYA level.

Cool. Thanks. I will try using that instead of just bleach and hope that is enough to keep me from having any problems. I test for chlorine and ph every day because I'm so afraid of getting it or not having clear water and this is my first larger size pool. It's hopefully a stepping stone to a much nicer bigger one! Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.