Got a laugh from this

Heh heh! Well, as far as tabs go, I guess that isn't too far from the truth being that at least Leslie's tablets don't have copper in them like HTH does.

HTH tabs have copper? Wow, do they purposefully try to make your pool have issues? Leslie's tabs are good, if somebody refuses to use anything but tabs, then they are the way to go, but trichlor is trichlor and trichlor has CYA and High CYA typically does not lead to a trouble-free pool lol.

257WbyMag said:
Heh heh! Well, as far as tabs go, I guess that isn't too far from the truth being that at least Leslie's tablets don't have copper in them like HTH does.
Well, this is not good. My CYA is low, and I have been using HTH tabs to raise it. Might be time to rethink my strategy...

Vette said:
HTH tabs have copper? Wow, do they purposefully try to make your pool have issues? Leslie's tabs are good, if somebody refuses to use anything but tabs, then they are the way to go, but trichlor is trichlor and trichlor has CYA and High CYA typically does not lead to a trouble-free pool lol.

Yes, the HTH trichlor tablets do contain copper. I suppose they put it in there for its algaestatic properties. It does mention it on the active ingredients on the label. That's why it is a good thing to get in the habit of reading those ingredient labels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.