I almost really messed up!

Mar 18, 2012
Amarillo, Texas
I went to adjust my CYA today from 45 to 50 because I'm going through 48 ounces of bleach a day and to hopefully make the fc last a little longer. Plugged my numbers into the pool calculator and it told me to add 53 ounces of dry stabilizer. In my mind I'm thinking this isn't right, but I went back and checked several times. Went and hung my husband's sock of CYA to the return and still had the feeling something wasn't right. Came back and reentered my numbers in the pool calculator and I was only supposed 5.3 ounces of stabilizer. I freaked out and pulled the sock. I don't think much dissolved in 10 minutes and I'm hoping that I'll be able to save what's left in the sock for future need, but I'm glad I caught it in time so I don't have to drain my pool.

That is one of the most common mistakes I would think ... having the pool volume set incorrectly.

Glad you caught it.

I would think if you can somehow let the CYA in the sock dry out, you should be able to save it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.