Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquatrol above ground diagnostic question

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquatrol above ground diagnostic question

We have had our salt water system for several years, never using the diagnostic function except to check salt levels. With our pool being warmer this year, we are having algae issues. Anyway, I want to look at the diagnostics but cannot figure out what each one is. Wondering if anyone can give me the order in which these numbers come up? The manual doesn't list them in order.

My numbers are (with my estimation of what it means)
    3000 (salt)
    81 (temp)

I manually took the ph level - at 7.6

Any help would be awesome. I don't want to walk into the (sharks) pool store without doing my research.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Aquatrol above ground diagnostic question

25.4 is cell voltage (slightly high)
    3.11 is cell current (noticeably low)
    100p is output percentage setting
    -2600 is the instant salt reading (not averaged, tends to wander)
    AL-7 is the brand/model
    r1.40 is the software revision number

The voltage and current numbers indicate that your cell either needs cleaning or is wearing out. The unit has gone to is maximum voltage and still can't reach the desired amps.

Do a visual inspection of the cell plates. If they are covered with white crusty stuff, they need to be cleaned. Otherwise the cell is probably wearing out and needs to be replaced.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks much for the info. I was under the impression that the cell took water quality readings (obviously from my question). I will manually test what I can and head to the pool store!

4. Back To Top    #4

We cleaned the cell and the numbers went to

Is it your recommendation that the cell is bad?