Nature 2 Express and CC

Sep 13, 2011
Omaha, NE
My sister has a mineral sanitzer that distributes copper and silver to sanitize. They recommend a chlorine level of .5ppm.

The question I have is about CC. I tested her levels and had a FC level of about .5 to 1.0, but then when I tried testing the CC, I was up into numbers of 7.0ppm and stopped testing because the pink was just not going away and did not want to waste any more of my solution. Will these sanitizers throw off the CC levels? I used my TF-100 to test.

Does she use monopersulfate (MPS)? I'm not sure but I think MPS skews the CC test. Don't quote me though :)

Edit: It shows up as CC on the DPD test but will register as FC on the FAS/DPD test.

Per chem geek:
MPS shows up as Combined Chlorine in the DPD test but as Free Chlorine in the FAS-DPD test. While MPS does not react with DPD dye directly, it acts as an oxidizer to the potassium iodide in the R-0003 reagent for the CC test when using DPD and it reacts with the R-0871 FAS-DPD reagent when using the FAS-DPD test. Either way, the interference can be removed by the Taylor K-2042 kit.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/dupo...or-chem-geek-t36583.html?hilit=monopersulfate

Nature 2 adds metals to the water. They do not sanitize the water. It is an unnecessary sytem and causes more problems by adding metals than it could ever help with. The amount of metals in the water does not change the fact that adequate levels of sanitizer need to be present in the pool. The only EPA approved sanitizers are chlorine, bromine, and PMHB. My guess is that her water is very dirty and is in serious need of shocking. Without seeing the rest of the test numbers, it is hard to say where she is really at

MPS is a good thing to use when you have an indoor pool and don't have the oxidizing benefits of UV light from the sun. With an outdoor pool though, MPS is an expensive product that really won't help you much as the sun does what it does for free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.