PCS Automatic pool cover

quinn

May 5, 2011
I'm looking for feedback on PCS automatic pool covers. I'd also appreciate user experience with other brands as well. We are getting ready to build a new house and pool. The local rules require an ugly fence between the patio and the pool, an annoying 30 second door alarm on all 6 doors leading to the pool area or an automatic pool cover. We will likely go with the cover. I've read some positive chatter about Cover Star and one positive review of PCS. Anyone else have good, bad or ugly to share?

I can only comment on the Aquamatic that I have had for about 10 months now. No serious problems. I have had some trouble adjusting the "skew"; about 3 inches was the best I could do, but recently I managed to get about 1 inch (practice makes perfect).

I'm happy with my decision to get an automatic cover; like you, there were all sorts of requirements around here for door alarms, gates, fences, etc.; the cover makes most of these requirements "go away", and I feel provides superior protection against kids and critters sneeking into the pool.

Don

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.