Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PCS Automatic pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

PCS Automatic pool cover

I'm looking for feedback on PCS automatic pool covers. I'd also appreciate user experience with other brands as well. We are getting ready to build a new house and pool. The local rules require an ugly fence between the patio and the pool, an annoying 30 second door alarm on all 6 doors leading to the pool area or an automatic pool cover. We will likely go with the cover. I've read some positive chatter about Cover Star and one positive review of PCS. Anyone else have good, bad or ugly to share?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PCS Automatic pool cover

I can only comment on the Aquamatic that I have had for about 10 months now. No serious problems. I have had some trouble adjusting the "skew"; about 3 inches was the best I could do, but recently I managed to get about 1 inch (practice makes perfect).

I'm happy with my decision to get an automatic cover; like you, there were all sorts of requirements around here for door alarms, gates, fences, etc.; the cover makes most of these requirements "go away", and I feel provides superior protection against kids and critters sneeking into the pool.

Don
    16K gal IG 16'x28' pebble since 2011; Pentair Easytouch; Sta-Rite Intellipro VS pump; Sta-Rite 400 sq. ft. cartridge (System 3); 6 Heliocol Solar Panels; Aquamatic Cover; Legend pressure-side cleaner with Hayward booster pump; TF100 Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply. How much did they charge you for your system. I can get PCS for 9K on a 20 x 40 or 12k for cover pools.

4. Back To Top    #4

I can't remember the price off the top of my head; it was part of the pool build, not a retrofit. I'll look it up tonight. It was quite expensive.

Don
    16K gal IG 16'x28' pebble since 2011; Pentair Easytouch; Sta-Rite Intellipro VS pump; Sta-Rite 400 sq. ft. cartridge (System 3); 6 Heliocol Solar Panels; Aquamatic Cover; Legend pressure-side cleaner with Hayward booster pump; TF100 Test Kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

It was $7000 for my 16'x28' pool.

Don

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jjslinger
    It was $7000 for my 16'x28' pool.

Don
    Thank you. Sounds like Aquamatic and PCS are close in price.