Return eyeballs

meatloaf said:
What is the proper direction for the eyeballs? Should they point downward, towards the surface, towards the skimmer?
How do you have yours pointed?
Thanks

I keep my three pointed just downward so that I don't break up the surface water and then pointed towards the nearest skimmer basket. This keeps a nice circular flow around the pool, drives debris to the skimmer baskets.

hodapmj said:
meatloaf said:
What is the proper direction for the eyeballs? Should they point downward, towards the surface, towards the skimmer?
How do you have yours pointed?
Thanks

I keep my three pointed just downward so that I don't break up the surface water and then pointed towards the nearest skimmer basket. This keeps a nice circular flow around the pool, drives debris to the skimmer baskets.

This is what we do, too. I have heard that some test the flow w/a ping pong ball.

It depends on what you need. I live in the country, so I have a pretty big bug load. I want maximum flow to my skimmer, so all of my returns are pointed toward the surface.

I point mine down a little and to the side so that it makes the pool swirl like a toilet bowl. Everything seems to get into the skimmer that way. Then I throw my scum ball at various places in the pool to see if it gets back to the skimmer.

since i have two skimmers, i find i get better chemical circulation if one shallow end return is up, and one is down, then awsome skimmer action if one deep end return is up and the other is down, but every ones situation is different.

What ever works.

No I'm serious. I fiddled with mine for some time and found the best circulation, skimming and heat distribution. But I bet that every pool is somewhat unique. Trial and error is best method.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.