Hayward TriStar Energy Solution Variable Speed Pump Control

Jul 1, 2012
Does anyone have Hayward TriStar Energy Solution Variable Speed Pump Control? I live in Orlando FL area and have had my salt water pool for a year. However, recently I had a problem and think I lost the settings for the pump controls. I don't know what they were originally, the pool installer is no help and I am on hold for over 20 minutes with Hayward.
In spite of the worst owner's manual I have ever used, I finally figured out 'the how to' but I don't know how it should be set up - namely what % to set the presets on to be both effective and efficient.
Currently, in the presets, they are all at 50% except P3 = 55%. In the sequencer, I have S1 = P2 set to run 4 hours, S2 = P3 set to run 3 hours (for Zodiac cleaner) and S3 = P2 for 2 hours. After I reprogrammed it, my power bill jumped $50 which seemed unusual. Any suggestions?

Re: Hayward TriStar Energy Solution Variable Speed Pump Cont

Well it's really up to you and what works for your pool. On mine, I set P2 to run from 9:30AM to 7:30PM at 35%.

When setting it up I dialed the % down as low as the SWG would let me before it reported no flow, which was 25%. But at 25% I found that the resistance built up in the filter to limit my flow and make the SWG report no flow again would happen fairly quick. So I turned it up to 35%, decreased the run time and have been running like this for a few seasons now.

If your bill went up and all other electric usage has been the same, then try dialing down your % for the sequence you run for daily filtering. You may need to increase the filter time though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.