Jandy AquaPure 1400 Cell Reversing Always On

Jul 23, 2012
I have a new pool that is a little over one year old with an AquaPure 1400. I recently got the dreaded No Flow condition followed by plenty of algae growth from no chlorine production. My pool builder installed the Tri-Sensor Adaptpr kit. That seems to have resolved the No Flow issue and chrlorine is now stable with no new algae growth. However, my CELL REVERSING light is always on, and never goes off. From what little documentation I could find online outside of the user manual, it seems there's a 3-hour cycle in which the polarity is supposed to switch back and forth in order to clean the cell and thus Cell Reversing should go on / off. But in the 9 hours per day that I run the filter, it never goes off as I verified this over the weekend by constantly checking the service panel. I don't believe my builder has done any other testing of the connector board or tri-sensor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

As a follow up to my issue, a couple of weeks ago my pool builder came by to remove my Aquapure 1400 and the cell showed visible scaling. So he cleaned it with muriatic acid and also removed and checked the sensor. The sensor looked to be in very good condition as there was no damage or corrosion to any of the surfaces. Upon re-install, Cell Reversing did not come on, so that was encouraging.

I've monitored it over the past couple of weeks and it would say it still seems that the Cell Reversing light is on a majority of the time. But it's not constant as it was before. On average, 1 out of 4 times when I check the service panel, the Cell Reversing light will be off, but the other 3 of 4 times it's on. I'm not overly concerned as to pool is sparkling clean. But I am left wondering if the prolonged reversing condition may lead to a premature failure of something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.