Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Worst Nap EVER!

1. Back To Top    #1

Worst Nap EVER!

I spent the day with my daughter, her friend and my wife. We had a nice day, we went out to lunch, went to the California Museum, saw the Girl Scout display, and then drove home. The girls were excited to get home and play in the pool some more. I was excited for them to go outside and play in pool while I took a nice nap with all the noise outside...

...fast forward about an hour. My wife comes in to the bedroom and wakes me up with this statement "Honey, The dog pooped in the pool!". Not thrilled, I asked, What? The dog did what? What dd you do about it? Her reply..."nothing, its still there". Great... time to wake up ,throw on some trunks and go "poo-ba" diving. I found I had an old aquarium net and fished out the debris, checked my TC (3.5) and I have a CYA~30. Time bump it up to 7 and run the Aquabug to get the rest of the debris on the floor of the pool. I did an OCLT and all was fine with a 7.0 PPM and CC<0.5, water crystal clear.

This is the culprit...should I have her drawn and quartered?

-- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Worst Nap EVER!

We once had a dog in the pool, in and out. But, we also had a small child. The small child swore up and down the dog did it. Let's just say we don't think it was the dog.....
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Well, since the dog did it again today... I know the truth. The girls involved are ten years old.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok, our friend's girl was much younger than that....
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm no dog whisperer, but I am a dog owner and I've got a suggestion. Somebody's got to take the dog for a poop walk before she is allowed into the pool. Each time. It's got to be a "productive" walk and quickly after she makes, get her back to the pool so that she puts 2 & 2 together. "I walk, I poop, I can get in the pool. Yeah!"

Good luck!
    36K gallon 42X22 gunite/plaster kidney-shaped IG;
    1 hp Hayward Super Pump (new in 2012);
    Hayward S244T sand filter w/ Zeosand (both new in 2009);
    175K BTU LAARS Lite2 LG natural gas heater; Polaris 380;
    TF-100 test kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

I agree w/ CUTiger78 tho easier said than done. Your puppy is too cute to draw and quarter. ShihTsu? Obstinate lil buggers aren't they?!

Here's a pic of mine. Basking in the sun.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

7. Back To Top    #7

I know we should have taken a walk in both instances... Other than it was 104F. The pool was much more inviting.

All is well. It is likely to over 100f today.
    -- Guy --

8. Back To Top    #8

Tater, I will need to gent the real computer to see your pup but Lilli is a rescue pup that Santa brought. We think she's a Pugapoo but man think she has terrier but no real beard... Dunno, too cute to care

late edit to add photos
    -- Guy --

9. Back To Top    #9

Lilli is gorgeous! Tho apparently she is a lil "poop"!
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

10. Back To Top    #10

Ha ha as long as the poop is 'encased' within itself you dont have a problem and just scooping it out will suffice, poop is only a problem in pools when it is in liquid form, which allows the enclosed feacal matter to become water borne, which leads to concerns such as cryptosporidium etc,

Regards
    Stuart
    Stuart Murray
    Scotland UK
    UK NPPOC