Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 24x54 AGP need help

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 24x54 AGP need help

hello im new to TFP. The wife has been asking me to do some upgrades to our pool and this is what i want to do.

#1. hard plumb a Hayward 1 1/2hp power flo lx along with a hayward s220t sand filter.

#2. install a threw the wall skimmer- still dont know what one to install

#3. make a water feature for the kids

i have seen some of the photos on this site and they are amazing. i want to do this only once. so if anyone has any good ideas please help me out. i would like to know what are the connections and the best size of pipe to plumb this pool. I would like to remove the factory plunger valves that came with the pool and use ball valves and i also need to install a SWG for my pool. so if anyone can point me in the rite direction thanks.
    intex 24x52 AGP
    intex SWG W/Copper Ionization
    Hayward S220T sand filter
    Hayward Power Flo Xl
    Hard plumbed 1 1/2 PVC
    Threw wall skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 24x54 AGP need help

Do you own an Intex SWG already? (your sig says so) Is it waiting to be plumbed yet?

Run a search at the bottom left of any page (google search) for "hard plumbed" and I think you'll find the threads that have images of hard plumbed (maybe search "piped" too) Intex pools.

Also search for "aerator", that should pull up a number of images/threads with various water features. Realize any water feature will raise your pH, as well the addition of a SWG. FYI
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

yes i have had the SWG that i had with a 15x48 intex AGP
    intex 24x52 AGP
    Hayward Power Flo Xl
    Hard plumbed 1 1/2 PVC
    Threw wall skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum

A good place to start would be: http://www.troublefreepool.com/usefu...rs-t29612.html
    18' x 42" Intex (4786 Gal @ 80% capacity) Intex 8110 SWCG, 2000 GPH cartridge filter.
    Full Sun, Well Water, Borates at approx. 50
    TFTestKit-100--The Pool Calculator--Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks for the info. the only other question is the pump that i have (hayward power flo lx 70GPM ) along with a hayward s220t sand filter is that to big of a pump and sand filter
    intex 24x52 AGP
    Hayward Power Flo Xl
    Hard plumbed 1 1/2 PVC
    Threw wall skimmer