Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In praise of TFP (and improved water circulation)

1. Back To Top    #1

SF Bay Area (Lamorinda), CA

In praise of TFP (and improved water circulation)

This is my family's 5th year of being owned by a pool and 3rd year with TFP. Haven't posted much this season because (drum roll please...) this has been by far my most "Trouble-Free" year of pool care ever . NO algal insurrections, no leaks, and no feeling of anxious apprehension every time I roll back the pool cover. Didn't even have a problem when our family took a 1-week vacation without a pool-sitter (filled a tablet feeder and put a half dozen tabs in a mesh bag and suspended it in the deep end for good measure - turned out to be overkill and returned to an FC of 14 but hey, the water was clear and CYA was a manageable 50 so no harm done, back to the liquid chlorine)

The biggest reasons - all the great advice from TFP, my trusty Taylor K-2006, and the much-deferred pool repair work we finally had done last summer (when the suspected slow leak turned into a much faster leak) - cracks repaired, pool replastered, the skimmer and suction/cleaner lines were replaced, and even though we still have just the one return and one skimmer, the updated plumbing has dramatically improved our water circulation so we no longer have the 'circulation dead zone and algal nursery' on the steps.

Before and after pics of the skimmer/filter line:
    from this

to this

Thanks again TFP!
    1950's-era 17K gallon formerly fiberglass, newly replastered IG rectangle (~15x30'),
    Hayward S244S Sand Filter with Franklin Electric 0.75 HP motor and WhisperFlo WFE-3 pump
    Clear ThermaTex bubble cover
    Manual vacuum

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: In praise of TFP (and improved water circulation)

Great job. Glad you posted it. And even more glad you haven't had any reason to post except to say how great it's been.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Re: In praise of TFP (and improved water circulation)

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!